The parish of Little Paxton contains 1,521 acres of land. The subsoil is chiefly Oxford clay and the soil clay, the principal crops being wheat and barley.
The River Great Ouse near Little Paxton Paper Mill (circa 1911)
The river Ouse forms the southern and eastern boundaries of the parish, and the Kym the western. The latter is crossed at Hail Bridge by the Bedford and Huntingdon road. At Wrayhouse Farm there is a ferry to Great Paxton. The village lies to the east of the Huntingdon Road, about two miles from the town and railway station of St. Neots.
Paxton Hall, at the south end of the village, is a mid-18th-century house, but has remains of earlier work, both in its walls and fittings. Near to it is Paxton Park, where the Pointer family lived in the 18th century. It passed by marriage to the Standleys, and was sold, with other property, to Lord Overstone. It passed later to Lord Esme Gordon, who rebuilt the house. Meagre Farm, in the northwest of the parish, near Little Paxton Wood, is a 17th-century timber-framed house.
The Paper Mills at Little Paxton (circa 1911)
In 1885 there were paper mills on the Ouse, belonging to Messrs. Towgood, Mr. Alfred Towgood living at Riversfield; they are now owned by the St. Neots Paper Mill Co.
Victoria County History of Huntingdonshire - Printed 1932