The Clock at St James' Church, Little Paxton
The Clock Mechanism at the Chuch of St James, Little Paxton/p>
The clock is mentioned in a 1771 inventory and so must be of even an earlier date. In 2002, it was restored as part of Queen Elizabeth’s Golden Jubilee celebrations. The clock was dismantled in situ and brought down the tower, piece by piece. The work was done by a local horologist, who gave his time free of charge, and the clock was reassembled in 2004. The dial was restored by a professional horological company. This project, completed with the bell striking the hours once more in July 2005, was funded by local people and businesses. In 2011, the bushes in the mechanism were all replaced and since then the hourly chimes are struck using one of the original bells known as the Hedding Bell.