The Royal Arms at St James' Church, Little Paxton
Royal Coat of Arms in St James' Church, Little Paxton
Above the chancel arch on a painted and gilded board is a royal coat of arms. It bears the date 1610, but seems to be more appropriate for a period later in the Hanoverian dynasty. It is believed this was displayed to show allegiance to the Ruler as Head of the Church.